Are you seeking a locum tenens physician job
or assignment? Latin for "holding the place," the term locum tenens refers to a physician who is filling in on a temporary basis.
There are many reasons why some doctors choose to work as locum tenens physicians. Some doctors have just completed their residencies, haven't established a permanent practice, or are interested in trying something different before settling down. Other locum doctors want to experience a variety of facilities and practice settings to see what fits them best. In some cases, locum tenens jobs may be more profitable than running one's own practice and paying for overhead, staff and medical malpractice insurance. Doctors who are nearing retirement but would like to continue working on a part-time basis appreciate the flexibility afforded by working locum tenens physicians jobs
. In addition to opportunities for locum medical physicians in all specialties, as well as CRNAs, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, Staff Care also offers a variety of temporary allied health jobs.
There are many benefits to becoming a locum tenens independent contractor with Staff Care.
- Work where you want, when you want.
- Try out a location or practice setting.
- Concentrate on patient care.
- Medical malpractice insurance arranged.
- Travel and housing costs are included in the negotiated project fee.
- Expedited state medical licensure.
- Premium rates for additional hours and on-call availability.
- Opportunities nationwide for locum tenens physicians.
- No third-party payer hassles.
- Competitive per diem compensation.
Locum tenens jobs can be challenging, but also educational and extremely rewarding. Tens of thousands of physicians practice on a locum tenens basis each year. You can find your ideal temporary physician opportunity
through Staff Care. Simply complete our locum tenens physician application
today or contact our locum medical staffing company
for more information.