Effective Date: June 30, 2020
This Privacy Statement explains the Personal Information we may collect about you and our purposes for collecting it. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the Personal Information we have about you, please contact the AMN Legal Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You
As used in this Privacy Statement, the term “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a contractor or a contractor’s household, but we will treat information we collect from you as Personal Information wherever necessary under applicable law.
In general, the Personal Information we collect varies based on numerous factors, such as requirements or limitations of the state where the contractor works, job position, salary grade, and the purpose for which the information is collected. We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from you:
- Identifiers such as name, phone number, postal address, telephone number, fax number, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport ID, date of birth, and Provider ID.
- Other identifying information such as name, social security number, address, telephone number, driver’s license, education, employment, employment history, bank account information, payment-card information, medical information, and health insurance information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications such as age, gender, marital status, ethnic information, veteran status, disability status, or citizenship information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing history, browser name, domain type, operating system information, IP addresses, access times, or device identifiers.
- Biometric information such as voice recordings
- Professional or employment-related information such as education and employment history, credentials, background-check results, drug-screening results, sanctions history, work authorizations or work visa information, work restrictions or accommodations, or emergency or beneficiary contact information.
- Geolocation data, which may include precise location information of website visitors and app users
- Non-public education information
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile
Purposes for Collection
We may use the categories of information for the business and commercial purposes outlined below:
To communicate with you. We may use information to respond to your questions, to communicate about this policy or our terms, or to communicate with you regarding any other purpose described in this policy.
To perform our services. We may use information to send job listings or contact you about a placement opportunity, or to identify new candidates or clients.
For engagement purposes. We may use your information for recruitment, to staff open positions with clients, to make payments, for travel arrangements and performance management, for record-keeping, for safety purposes, to meet legal and compliance obligations, or for other internal purposes.
For marketing. We may use contact, demographic and site usage information to communicate about our services and to provide information about AMN Healthcare and its affiliates and subsidiaries. This may be by email, phone, or text. It may also be on social media platforms. We also use this information to provide information about AMN Healthcare, our brands, affiliates, or other companies in which we believe you may be interested. The information we send includes briefings and newsletters. It also includes seminar information or whitepapers. We also send surveys. We send these materials as permitted by law.
To improve our services. We may use your information to make our website and services better, and to keep our records updated.
To protect our company and constituents. We may also use your information to identify fraud, secure our systems, or for other purposes as permitted by law, including to prosecute or defend legal claims.
For other purposes allowed by law. Such as:
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, where the Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about an individual.
- Performing services on behalf of other entities.
Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
Undertaking activities to improve, upgrade, enhance, or verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services or equipment.