Should primary care physicians be paid more (or less, or just differently) than specialists? That was one of the questions put to Staff Care's Physician Roundtable, and their responses are a great collective overview of the topic of physician compensation in today's healthcare workforce.
Watch the video below to hear a candid conversation about physician compensation specific to PCPs and specialists, including frank assessments of how today's compensation patterns. The discussion includes:
- Whether physician compensation accurately reflects a clinician's skill
- Whether specialists deserve more pay because they have greater expertise
- Whether specialists deserve more pay because their training is more developed and advanced
- Whether the current differences in pay scales are reasonable, or too extreme
- How liability concerns may be a factor in physician compensation
Physician Compensation Video: Should Specialists Earn More than PCPs?
Where do you stand on physician compensation? Do you think there’s a gap between reimbursement and skill among specialists and general-care physicians? Join us on LinkedIn or Facebook and start a conversation!