Job Description & Requirements
Correctional Psychiatry Physician
Seeking an immediate full or part-time psychiatrist
for an ongoing opportunity:Job Details:
- Monday to Friday 7a-5p, 8 hours/day. 20 hours/week.
- Setting: Adult Correctional
- Patients per day: 10
- evaluates, examines, analyzes, diagnoses & treats consumers, prescribes medication & performs in-depth psychotherapy & counseling (e.g., psychoanalysis, behavior modification).
- monitors & coordinates professional & paraprofessional medical, nursing & direct care staff in areas related to psychiatric care; reviews consumer records for accuracy & completeness; recommends improvements in hospital staffing & organization.
- conducts & participates in lectures & seminars in psychiatry or related field for professional & paraprofessional health care staff.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Knowledge of medicine; psychology; sociology; anatomy; physiology.
- Skill in administering medication
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical material in books, journals & manuals; deal with many variables & determine the specific course of action; handle sensitive contacts with persons under medical care.
Chillicothe is a city in and the county seat of Ross County. There are many historical museums in Ross county. At the Hopewell Culture National Historical Park, you can view history first-hand by visiting the mounds dating back to 200 B.C. Move throughout time a the Ross County Heritage Center where you can see exhibits from antique toys to war memorabilia. You can also stroll the grounds of the former home of Thomas Worthington, Ohio's founding father for a scenic and leisurely afternoon. Apply today and Chillicothe, OH may be the perfect destination for your next assignment!