Job Description & Requirements
Correctional Psychiatry Physician
Seeking an immediate part-time adult psychiatrist
for an ongoing opportunity:Job Details:
- Schedule negotiable; 24 hours per week.
- Setting: Juvenile Correctional (ages 12-21 yrs)
- Patients per day: 10
- evaluates, examines, analyzes, diagnoses & treats consumers, prescribes medication & performs in-depth psychotherapy & counseling (e.g., psychoanalysis, behavior modification).
- monitors & coordinates professional & paraprofessional medical, nursing & direct care staff in areas related to psychiatric care; reviews consumer records for accuracy & completeness; recommends improvements in hospital staffing & organization.
- conducts & participates in lectures & seminars in psychiatry or related field for professional & paraprofessional health care staff.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Knowledge of medicine; psychology; sociology; anatomy; physiology.
- Skill in administering medication
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of technical material in books, journals & manuals; deal with many variables & determine specific course of action; handle sensitive contacts with persons under medical care.
Circleville is a city in and the county seat of Pickaway County, Ohio. The area is host to a number of parks, nature preserves and venues that entertain travelers with activities, such as a living, working historical farm, kayaking and canoeing and exploring the area's rich nature preserves.