Job Description & Requirements
Emergency Medicine Physician
Long-term Emergency medicine physician assignment in Ohio. Facility house 99 Emergency Department beds and sees and annual volume of 91,000 patients, 1.7 patients per hour.
Minimum of 6 shifts required with 16 shifts per month available.
• Scribe Coverage: No
• EMR (both for patient charting and order entry): Voice dictation done via phone; reports available online (MedQuist)
• Admitting Orders: Is the ED Physicians responsible for writing the orders? No
• Trauma Center Designation
• Board Requirements: Must be EM Residency-trained/Boarded
• Certs: Must have ACLS, PALS and ATLS
• the credentialing process has ‘3 parts’ and includes an online application with CAQH, a CVO application through OhioHealth Group and an abbreviated facility app.
• Current unrestricted OH license and DEA with OH registration address
• CV with education/employment/work history timeline to include both month/year
• Notarized identification form to include copy of driver’s license (required form for this will be included with the OhioHealth Group application)
• Documentation of all malpractice carriers for the past 5 years including copies of all liability insurance face sheets/certificates for this time period
• Portrait quality professional photo
• Contact information for 5 peer references (all of which must be physicians)
• Fingerprinting required for background check – preferred that fingerprinting is done locally (at Riverside Hospital in Columbus) although can be done at an ‘outside location’ if necessary but results may take longer to obtain
• Documentation of current TB skin test
• Case logs for the past two years
• Competency letter from current ED Medical Director in support of requested Category II privileges