Job Description & Requirements
Correctional Psychiatry Physician
Seeking a full-time or part-time Psychiatrist
for an ongoing opportunity starting in September:Job Details:
- Full-time preferred, Monday to Friday 8a-4p, 8hr/day, 40hrs/week. Able to discuss alternate scheduled with on-site supervisor.
- Setting: Adult Correctional
- evaluates, examines, analyzes, diagnoses & treats consumers, prescribes medication & performs in-depth psychotherapy & counseling (e.g., psychoanalysis, behavior modification).
- monitors & coordinates professional & paraprofessional medical, nursing & direct care staff in areas related to psychiatric care; reviews consumer records for accuracy & completeness; recommends improvements in hospital staffing & organization.
- conducts & participates in lectures & seminars in psychiatry or related field for professional & paraprofessional health care staff.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Knowledge of medicine; psychology; sociology; anatomy; physiology.
- Skill in administering medication
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of technical material in books, journals & manuals; deal with many variables & determine specific course of action; handle sensitive contacts with persons under medical care.
As Ohio's state capital, there are enough attractions to keep you busy through your whole Columbus stay. Shop at the North Market's more than 20m merchants and the Short North Arts District's galleries and boutiques. Tour the beautifully restored Ohio Statehouse and explore the shops in historic German Village. Apply today and Columbus, OH may be the perfect destination for your next assignment!