Job Description & Requirements
Immediate Orthopedic Surgeon services to support active duty population in Florida
The Air Force is needing full-time Orthopedic Surgeon services at Eglin Air Force Base, near Ft. Walton Beach
- Board certification is required, along with 24 months experience in the last 36 months.
- Any active and unrestricted license is accepted and will require a current DEA and life supports
- Will be doing clinic and surgeries. The clinic is expected to be Monday through Wednesday 7a-5p.
- Surgeries ( based on volume) will be scheduled Thursday and Friday ( 9 hour days).
- Bread and butter procedures. Surgeons with total joint and acetabular procedures experience are preferred
- On-call is shared with 3 other surgeons. Call back is expected as well.
- Long-term commitment is required, at least 6 months.
Eglin Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base in western Florida, located about three miles southwest of Valparaiso in Okaloosa County. The host unit at Eglin is the 96th Test Wing