Job Description & Requirements
Correctional Psychiatry Physician
Seeking an immediate full time Psychiatrist
for an ongoing opportunity:Job Details:
- Monday to Friday 7:00 am- 5:00 pm, 8hr/day, 40hrs/week minimum.
- Setting: Adult Correctional
- 12-18 patients per day.
- evaluates, examines, analyzes, diagnoses & treats consumers, prescribes medication & performs in-depth psychotherapy & counseling (e.g., psychoanalysis, behavior modification).
- monitors & coordinates professional & paraprofessional medical, nursing & direct care staff in areas related to psychiatric care; reviews consumer records for accuracy & completeness; recommends improvements in hospital staffing & organization.
- conducts & participates in lectures & seminars in psychiatry or related field for professional & paraprofessional health care staff.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Knowledge of medicine; psychology; sociology; anatomy; physiology.
- Skill in administering medication
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical material in books, journals & manuals; deal with many variables & determine the specific course of action; handle sensitive contacts with persons under medical care.
Located in Lorain County along the East Branch of the Black River, Grafton has something for everyone to enjoy. A city where time-honored values, friendship, and hard work meet the excitement of growth and pursuit for excellence. The village features several parks that offer a variety of recreational activities. Apply today and Grafton, OH may be the perfect destination for your next assignment!