Job Description & Requirements
(Hospitalist -OB/GYN) Locum Tenens
OB/GYN laborist needed in Jamestown, NY!
• 24 hour in-house call shifts
• 4-6 shifts per month needed.
• TeamHealth has an established 24/7 OB/GYN Hospitalist Program in place providing coverage for unassigned deliveries and GYN emergencies that present to the ED. Emergent delivery and C-section assist services provided, as needed, for all private babies.
• Will treat all emergent general unassigned OB/GYN patients that would typically be referred to a local OB/GYN.
• Accepts in-house consults, perform rounds on all of program’s patients in-house, conduct post-surgical follow-up in hospital sponsored follow-up clinic
• Provides support to local OB/GYN group as needed
• Emergency deliver of all private babies. 1st assist on c-sections.
• Triage all patients in L&D
• Clinic coverage as needed one or two days/week. Current lap skills are required.
• Privileging time: expedited process
• Board Certification required
• Minimum 3 years post residency
• 276 Total number of beds
• Surgical First Assists: 252
• Unassigned Deliveries: 246
• Unassigned GYN Surgeries: 70
• # of Consults: 684 (Rule out labor/delivery for non-TeamHealth deliveries. Assumes 50% will be sent home and seen again)
• 3 call rooms and operating room in L&D suite. Lounge in Call Suite is newly renovated and equipped with TV.
• Anesthesia available until 3pm, then available 24hr call