Job Description & Requirements
Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant w/ vein harvesting
This facility in Kearney, Nebraska is looking for a Physician Assistant for Cardiothoracic Surgery with vain harvesting locum tenens support as they look to grow their current staff.
This opportunity offers/requires:
- Monday - Friday clinic and elective surgery schedule, but 24x7 call for Level II trauma center.
- The provider will be required to back up the interventional cardiologist with surgery, support their referrals for surgery, inpatient consultation at the request of hospitalist, and Emergency Department call coverage.
- Case logs needed for the past 12 months with documentation of 100 cardiothoracic surgical procedures that include a minimum of 35 open-heart procedures as the primary operator.
- Low volume program at this point so only 1-2 Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting per week and 1-2 other cases such as a pacemaker or thoracic.
- Temporary Nebraska licensure is available
Kearney is a city in and the county seat of Buffalo County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 30,787 at the 2010 census. It is home to the University of Nebraska at Kearney. The westward push of the railroad as the Civil War ended gave birth to the community.