Job Description & Requirements
Correctional Psychiatry Physician
Seeking an immediate full or part-time psychiatrist for an ongoing opportunity:
This opportunity offers:
- Monday to Friday 7a-5p, 8 hours per day. 20 hours per week.
- Setting: Adult Correctional
- Patients per day: 10
- evaluates, examines, analyzes, diagnoses & treats consumers, prescribes medication & performs in-depth psychotherapy & counseling (e.g., psychoanalysis, behavior modification).
- monitors & coordinates professional & paraprofessional medical, nursing & direct care staff in areas related to psychiatric care; reviews consumer records for accuracy & completeness; recommends improvements in hospital staffing & organization.
- conducts & participates in lectures & seminars in psychiatry or related field for professional & paraprofessional health care staff.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Knowledge of medicine; psychology; sociology; anatomy; physiology.
- Skill in administering medication
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of technical material in books, journals & manuals; deal with many variables & determine specific course of action; handle sensitive contacts with persons under medical care.
Lancaster is a city in Fairfield County, Ohio, in the south central part of the state. Lancaster is only about 30 or so miles southeast of Columbus, but it’s still an ideal destination for a day trip, because of all the amenities. With the Hocking Hills so close by, it might even be worthy of an entire weekend!