Job Description & Requirements
Correctional Psychiatry Physician
Seeking an immediate full-time Psychiatrist
for an ongoing opportunity:Job Details:
- Minimum 6 month commitment.
- Monday to Friday 8a-4p schedule. 40 hours per week.
- Setting: Adult Correctional
- evaluates, examines, analyzes, diagnoses & treats consumers, prescribes medication & performs in-depth psychotherapy & counseling (e.g., psychoanalysis, behavior modification).
- monitors & coordinates professional & paraprofessional medical, nursing & direct care staff in areas related to psychiatric care; reviews consumer records for accuracy & completeness; recommends improvements in hospital staffing & organization.
- conducts & participates in lectures & seminars in psychiatry or related field for professional & paraprofessional health care staff.
- Board Certified and Board Eligible candidates
- Knowledge of medicine; psychology; sociology; anatomy; physiology.
- Skill in administering medication
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of technical material in books, journals & manuals; deal with many variables & determine specific course of action; handle sensitive contacts with persons under medical care.
Located in Scioto County, Lucasville along with Portsmouth offers several state parks and recreation areas, including Pawnee State Forest. If you're looking for a day of family fun in a pumpkin patch or spending the evening Haunt hunting, Lucasville has plenty of exciting Autumn activities to enjoy. Apply to today and Lucasville, OH may be the perfect destination for your next assignment!