Job Description & Requirements
Obstetrics & Gynecology Hospitalist Physician
- Shifts: 24-hour in-house shift
- OB/Gyn Hospitalist Duties:
- Provide coverage of Obstetric emergencies
- Manage unassigned and clinic GYN patients that present to the Main ER
- Manage all clinic and unassigned patients that present to the OB Triage
- Evaluate Private Physician patients in Triage when requested
- Perform Antepartum, Post-partum and GYN rounds on unassigned/clinic patients that are on the
- OB/GYN Hospitalist service
- Inpatients consults
- Provide emergent GYN surgery services for unassigned/clinic patients that present to the Main ER
- Call Coverage for Private Physician groups as needed, will be responsible for managing all of their patients during the coverage period.
- NST interpretations, Artificial Rupture of Membranes or IUPC/ISE placement for Private Physician patients as requested
- Willing to work with Advance Practice Clinicians (APCs) as needed
- Will assist with drills/simulations, RN education, and participate in residency training and education as needed
- Hospital will maintain call system for emergency backup
- Expected to respond to consults in a quick and timely manner
- Charting should be completed prior to the end of shift
- Support Staff: Surgical Assistants, neonatologists, and private physicians on back-up
- EMR: Cerner
- Board Certification
- Minimum of 3 years of active experience
- Active/current skills,
- Active or in process Florida licensure.
- Willingness to oversee/cover CNMs and residents.
. Tucked into north-central Florida
in a region known as "horse country," Ocala
offers visitors winding community pathways lined with oak trees and dangling trellises of Spanish moss, and the opportunity to explore miles of untainted nature.