Rising Demand for Oncologists Fuels Increase in Locum Oncology Jobs
Do you work in oncology? Then you're in demand! We're ramping up our locum oncology recruitment efforts to help meet a surge in demand for oncologist physicians and nurse practitioners across the United States.
Did you know that, according to the American Cancer Society, more than a million and a half Americans were newly diagnosed with cancer in 2016? And that, even with more than 500,000 cancer-related deaths last year, the number of people living "beyond a cancer diagnosis reached nearly 14.5 million in 2014 and is expected to rise to almost 19 million by 2024"?
A study published earlier this year in the Journal of Oncology Practice found that the U.S. is likely to face a "48% increase in demand for oncologist services by 2020 — in large part because of the expected 81% increase in cancer survivorship and the 48% increase in cancer incidence caused by the aging of the population.
"The anticipated 14% increase in the number of oncologists over that same time period will not meet the growing demand," the authors add (emphasis ours). "Thus, there is likely to be a shortfall of 2,550 to 4,080 oncologists—roughly one-fourth to one-third of the 2005 supply."
Thanks to this demand, oncologists now command what's considered to be among the most lucrative physician salaries. Modern Healthcare noted in 2016 that radiation oncologists were the third-highest paid physician specialty, and that compensation for medical oncologists, including radiation and hematology, had each risen about 10% over the previous year.
As America's top locum tenens staffing provider, Staff Care is on the front lines of this demand, providing the nation's hospitals, clinics, and healthcare facilities with premium oncology doctors and NPs. As demand grows for oncologists, so does our list of locum assignments, and our need for physicians and nurse practitioners specializing in oncology. Click here to view our current list of locum oncology jobs, updated all day, every day.
Remember, when you work a locum oncology job with Staff Care, you not only get great benefits but also housing and travel reimbursements if your assignment happens to take you to another location. Learn more about the benefits of locums' work.
And if you're not interested in a new oncology career opportunity, but you know someone who is, we encourage you to make a referral — and you could be rewarded with up to $2,000! Get the details here
Locum Oncology Jobs Across The United States
- Locum Oncology Job in Warren, PA • 2-Month Duration • Starts ASAP
- Locum Oncology Job in Brookfield, WI • 6-Month Duration • Starts Aug. 7
- Locum Oncology Job in Lawndale, CA • Flexible Schedule • Starts ASAP
- Locum Oncology Job in Bellingham, WA • Ongoing • Starts ASAP
- Locum Oncology Job in Boone, NC • Ongoing • Starts Aug. 7
- Locum Oncology Job in Marinette, WI • 6-Month Duration • Starts ASAP
Locum Radiation Oncology Jobs From Staff Care
- Locum Radiation Oncology Job in Fredericksburg, TX • Ongoing • Starts Aug. 1
- Locum Radiation Oncology Job in Uvalde, TX • Ongoing • Starts July 31
- Locum Radiation Oncology Job in Poplar Bluff, MO • 1-Week Duration • Starts Dec. 4
- Locum Radiation Oncology Job in Fort Smith, AR • Ongoing • Starts Jul. 17
Locum Tenens Hematologist-Oncologist Jobs
- Locum Hematology Oncology Job in Marquette, MI • 2-Month Duration • Starts Aug. 1
- Locum Hematology Oncology Job in Warrenton, VA • >1-Week Duration • Starts ASAP
- Locum Hematology Oncology Job in Las Cruces, NM • 1-Month Duration • Starts ASAP
- Locum Hematology Oncology Job in Mesa, AZ • Ongoing • Starts ASAP
- Locum Hematology Oncology Job in Marysville, CA • Ongoing • Starts Nov. 1
Locum Oncology NP Jobs From Staff Care
- Locum Oncology NP Job in Johnson City, TN • Ongoing • Starts Aug. 14
- Locum Oncology NP Job in Merced, CA • Ongoing • Starts Aug. 1
Not seeking locum oncology jobs at the moment? Maybe your friends or colleagues are! Make a referral and you could earn up to $2,000